Saturday, July 23, 2016

Beat the Heat 1 and 2




I HATE SUMMER.

Also.  This was originally going to be a single caption; I liked the idea of the misprinted passes.  But as I wrote the cap, it occurred to me that it could be fun to follow these characters for a year--the duration of their passes--to see how they cope with being women.

So I'm going to be experimenting with a different kind of series, one that follows Luis and Cameron in real time.  We'll check in with them from time to time throughout the next year, until their passes expire on July 23rd, 2017.  I guess it's kind of like what I'm doing with my diary caps... except, of course, that Beat the Heat is a fictional story, whereas my diary captions are about my real life.  But, you know, the idea of dropping in and out of someone's life in real time is the same.

Beat the Heat won't follow any regular kind of schedule, and I don't know how many captions I'll end up writing for it.  I have an idea of where it's going to end, but I don't know what's going to happen to Luis and Cameron in the interim.  So it should be fun to see how this unfolds. :)

You can follow this and my other series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment