Friday, July 15, 2016

On Chainmail Bikinis


I'm having a lot of fun writing Legends of the Dark Tower captions.  It may be my favorite universe at the moment.  I play too many video games; it's fun to riff on the tropes of video games, MMORPGs, and fantasy fiction. :)

Also, you'll notice I tagged this with "permanent".  The players don't know yet that they're stuck in Legends of the Dark Tower forever, so I can't really address it in the captions, but yeah... this is a permanent situation for them.

I've written a caption that deals with the ultimate fate of the players, but I'm not ready to post it yet.

3 comments:

  1. Now that i read this series Ironically it's the same premise of one my requests in terms of how they got in the game,huh sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very similar, yes. I assumed you'd read my other Legends of the Dark Tower cap, Patch 19 (http://swapgirlscaptions.blogspot.com/2016/07/when-i-sat-down-to-write-this-caption-i.html), and that's why you were asking about video game captions. If you haven't read Patch 19, you should check it out. And hopefully these LotDT captions will be a decent substitute for the caps you wanted. :)

      By the way, you mentioned Jessica Nigri in your request; I'm using her for the caption I mention here, the one that explains what ultimately happens to the players who get trapped in LotDT. It may be a few weeks before I put that caption up, though; I want to post a few captions about the more immediate aftermath of Patch 19 first.

      Delete
  2. Yeah ive read patch 19 and this one.Also I find it ironic that my request also had legends in the tittle but hey small world,So yeah i can't wait to see it this series has alot of potential just like AFK(loved that series).also can i get a tinsy wittle mention in that one just saying 😅

    ReplyDelete