Sunday, October 9, 2016

Beat the Heat 20


I think identifying instinctively with either men or women is a big piece of gender identity.  I've always tended to identify instinctively with women, whether they be fictional characters or people I've met in my own life.

I've been dithering over whether I should tag caps with Cameron in them with "mental change."  As of this cap, it's pretty obvious to me that Cameron is experiencing full-fledged mental changes as a result of his trip to Bikini Beach, and not simply a shift in his sexual orientation, so I'm going to start marking Cameron as having mental changes.

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

6 comments:

  1. Swap bodies with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think I'm giving up this body when it took me so long to get it? No way! :P

      Delete
  2. Could we see more activity as it is getting toward fall :) maybe some cute sports figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I won't be able to post caps any faster than I already am; I struggle at times just to keep up with my current pace. My health really puts a hard cap on how fast I can write captions.

      I don't follow sports at all, so I probably won't be writing many captions about professional athletes any time soon. I do have a couple of ideas for caps involving high school/college athletes, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Luis? You can't use original names after BB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, a few captions into this series, I remembered that, in many Bikini Beach stories, transformed characters are unable to say their real names. I considered going back through my older caps and editing them such that Luis and Cameron unable to say their real names.

    But then I looked back at Elrod W.'s original Bikini Beach stories and the actual written rules for the Bikini Beach universe, and I couldn't find anything about characters being unable to say their real names; it seems like aspect of Bikini Beach was added by later writers. It's what you might call fanon rather than canon. So, rather than retcon a story in progress, I decided to just let Luis and Cameron say their own names.

    If I were to start this series over, though, I would probably have Cameron and Luis be unable to say their male names.

    ReplyDelete