Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Refuge 5


This wraps up Refuge.  I hope you all enjoyed it... and that, in the end, it all made sense.

I had two goals for this series.  One, I wanted to explore one of the ways someone might misuse the Chrono Corps technology.  I feel like I basically hit my intended marks in this respect.

I also wanted to try writing a series in which the exposition is slowly revealed over the course of the entire series instead of being front-loaded in the first caption.  I wanted people to want to read on not to learn what happened next, but why Carter had fled the future and what his plan was.  I didn't want the entire story to be clear until the end.  I'd be curious to know whether I succeeded in that or not.

My next series is my twist on a standard TG plot: that of the mad scientist who kidnaps a pair of people and swaps their bodies.  It's a longer and more action-packed series than Rebirth and Refuge, and I'm pretty pleased with it.  I hope you guys will be, too.  Look for the first chapter of Subject Twenty-Four this Friday! :)

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

4 comments:

  1. Is that time game a series is over and another takes it`s place,thanks for the short synopsis of the new series and title what media show/Movie
    will you use for subject 24

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using images from the TV show Arrow; for most of the series, the main character will be portrayed by Willa Holland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love willa and arrow i will be interested how you use her but any wat seeya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the internal struggle. The need to live and the crushing guilt of stealing another's life. Well done.

    Cheers
    Zaper

    ReplyDelete