Monday, December 26, 2016

Beat the Heat 27


As you've probably figured out if you've stuck with this series, one of the central dynamics in Beat the Heat is that Cameron and Luis are switching places.  Luis, once an open-minded optimist, hates being a woman, while Cameron, who used to be sullen and withdrawn and originally resented his transformation, is falling in love with his life as Cassie.

I think I made that transition too fast.  I'm improvising this series; while I know how this series is going to end, I'm making a lot of it up as I go.  That makes the pacing difficult, since I can't match the characters' evolution to particular story beats.

This is still a fun experiment for me... but it's not quite turning out the way I wanted it to.

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get the imgages for this series from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The images for Beat the Heat come from all over the place, really. This one is from a movie called Happy Christmas. A lot of the images of Luis and Cameron together come from Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates; but Aubrey Plaza and Anna Kendrick are close friends in real life, so I've also used some pictures of the two of them hanging out in their private lives. I've gotten quite a few images of Luis from Parks and Recreation. Other than that, I've drawn images from a number of Anna Kendrick and Aubrey Plaza's movies and their modelling careers.

    ReplyDelete