Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Impulsivity


I think it would be really hard to switch bodies with someone, simply because there would be tons and tons of facts you would have to learn about that new person's life.  Granted, Andrew here is in an unusually difficult position... but I think that, even if Megan had been carrying a driver's license, he would have a hard time learning people's names, learning how to do her job, learning her social security number and e-mail password and father's dog's mother's maiden name, pretending he knows what people are talking about when they're laughing about that embarrassing story from Megan's childhood... there's so much that would go into learning how to live another person's life, even apart from adapting to, say, a new gender.

Even I have struggled with that... because, while there's a lot about my life that's similar to the way it was before my transformation, there's a lot that's different.  Fortunately, I'm getting pretty good at faking my way through a conversation if I have to.

2 comments:

  1. I for one would absolutely LOVE learning about a new life and all.

    But yeah, it certainly would be very difficult to learn and fake ones way through a life that you didn't live through, nodding your heads at memories you don't remember. But, I'd be more than happy to do so in order to make my own memories in a new body and life.

    If that makes any sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - He could always go to the police or a hospital and claim he lost his memory. Another option would be to go to a cell phone store and recharge his phone.

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete