Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Noob 1


Welcome to The Noob, the first series set in my Legends of the Dark Tower universe.  I've written a lot of captions in this universe, but those captions just tell little snippets of stories; I wanted to explore this universe in a little more depth, through the eyes of a single person, one who isn't especially familiar with the world he's woken up in.

For those of you who haven't read my other caps in this universe, my Legends of the Dark Tower captions explore what happens when a mysterious new patch causes five million people to wake up in a popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game of the same name, in the bodies of their characters.  The series riffs a lot on MMORPGs, video games, fantasy RPGs, and fantasy fiction in general, but I think my LotDT caps, and this series especially, are accessible even to those who have never played an MMORPG.

At 54 (!) captions, The Noob is the longest series I've ever written, by a considerable margin.  I'll be releasing it over the course of the next three and a half months.  So hopefully everyone enjoys this series, because we're going to be here for a while. :)

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

3 comments:

  1. Good start to a series,you've been making the lotdt since you started your blog am im impressed you've spent a good part world building and now your actually making a pretty lengthy series set in the world can't wait for more

    ReplyDelete