Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Homeless


If you were transformed into a woman (or into anyone or anything else, for that matter), I don't think it would be easy to convince anyone of that fact.  In fiction and movies and TV shows, if you want to convince your loved ones that you are who you say you are, all you have to do is talk about some obscure memory you have, or some secret someone told you at some point... but I don't think it would be that easy.  If a woman came up to me claiming to be my friend Bill and tried to prove it by repeating some embarrassing secret I told him, I wouldn't think, "Hey, this woman really is Bill!"  I would think, "Hey, why is Bill spreading this embarrassing secret about me?  I'm never going to trust him with a secret again."

Well, I probably wouldn't, because I know that transformation is real.  I'm living walking blogging proof of that.  But that's probably how most people would react.

1 comment:

  1. Sad and powerful. Well written story.

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete