Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Noob 22


My Legends of the Dark Tower captions are all about taking Arlayne seriously, and exploring what it would actually be like to live in a fantasy RPG.  That means acknowledging that fantasy worlds are violent, ugly places, full of ravenous monsters, bands of violent bandits, and armies engaging in constant warfare against each other.  The inevitable result of living in such a violent world, unfortunately, is that peaceful villagers like the ones in Lakeshore would occasionally get caught in the crossfire.

The Noob is not as violent as Final Girl or Subject Twenty-Four.  But it's hard to write a series like this without acknowledging that terrible things would happen in this world.

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting new twist.

    The NPCs are waking up and new terrors walk the land.

    I think they've seen the birth of a new world. This makes me think the world will be shaped by the powers that now walk the land. Some of those with power will be from earth . . . is that good or ill? I'll have to wait and see.

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete