Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Noob 26


I liked Alicia.  I especially liked her relationship with Evan; the conversations between the two of them were some of my favorite scenes to write in this series.  But her part in this story is over.  This isn't a story about Evan and Paul and Alicia; it's a story about Evan and Paul.








Plus, you know, I ran out of appropriate pictures of Manu Bennett.

I think it's important, too, to touch on the idea of death in a story like this.  Legends of the Dark Tower universe is about learning to live in a fantasy world; death is a part of that.  And it's important, too, to acknowledge that, while resurrection is easy and automatic in a game like Legends of the Dark Tower, it might not be so easy once the game has turned real.  The stakes are too low if death is temporary.

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

1 comment:

  1. You know, in these games the player never knows how much time passes between death and resurrection. Well written.

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete