Friday, April 7, 2017

The Noob 27


This marks the midpoint in The Noob; 27 captions to go.

This was a key scene in the development of this series, when I was first laying out the plot; it was the scene that made me realize that Evan was attracted to Paul.  At first, I thought Evan might be a straight guy wrestling with his body's impulses; but, elsewhere in my Legends of the Dark Tower captions, characters seem to retain their original sexual orientation.  But then it occurred to me that it might be interesting to tell a story about a closeted gay man in a woman's body who's attracted to his best friend.  Et voila, the romantic subplot of this story was born.

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

1 comment:

  1. Well, can't really blame Evan can we? Still Paul will notice soon. I wonder how Evan will handle it? He could play it off as his new body is attracted to men and to Paul . . . a bit dishonest but a story Paul might accept.

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete