Thursday, July 20, 2017

Raiders of the Lost Remote 1 and 2 (Repost)



Some of you may recognize these captions.  I've posted them before... just over a year ago, coincidentally.  (That was totally an accident, I swear.)

I've always meant to follow these captions up; I thought it might be fun to follow Rick as he jumped from Indiana Jones movie to Indiana Jones movie to be with the man he loved.  I never got around to writing those captions. But a few months ago, I was running  perilously low on captions, and I needed a story that was simple and easy to write and kind of dumb, something I could put together quickly, and I thought of these captions, and the story I still wanted to tell.

This is going to be a niche series.  Magic Remote captions always are, I guess.  I hope it will be interesting, though.  I think it interacts with the Indiana Jones movies, in some fun ways.  And who knows... I posted a Star Wars caption a few months ago that got a really good response.  Maybe this will go over better than I think.

This is not High Art.  It won't appeal to everyone.  People who've never seen the Indiana Jones movies may be lost.  This series will be spread out over 13 posts; if it doesn't interest you, you can check back in about a month, and hopefully you'll find something more appealing.  The series I'm writing right now is a good character piece, I think.  There's some more high-minded work coming up.  But for now, let's just have some fun. :)

~Kristen

You can follow this and my other series on my series page.

5 comments:

  1. This is an amazing start to a series! I love the Indiana Jones movies (well, most of them - okay....half of them, the other two are....okay, I think).
    But I love what you're doing here! And I can't wait to see more of this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting, where can I read the Star Wars one you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Star Wars caption is here:

      http://swapgirlscaptions.blogspot.com/2017/05/strike-me-down.html

      Delete
  3. Nice! I love magic remote caps!

    Great start. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops . . . what a mistake! Very cool start!

    Cheers
    Zapper

    ReplyDelete